Ballston Innovation Initiative Bootcamp
May 11, 2013 (Sat)
SORRY. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
How do entrepreneurs introduce "the next big thing" to the Federal government? Do you have a great idea or innovative technology to share with the feds but simply don’t know how to showcase your innovative ideas to the right people and agencies? It’s not difficult to win business in the world of government technology -- IF you learn the language of success. The new Ballston Innovation Initiative (BI2) partnership providing those innovative tools and giving the contacts needed to successfully work with government technology and national security research agencies. BI2's first initiative, BI2 Bootcamp: Doing Business with the Federal Government is a don't-miss for entrepreneurs looking to demystify the process of working with these agencies. Attendees will talk with real practitioners who will share best practices and teach how to become a part of this critical part of our region’s tech economy.
The BI2 Bootcamp will provide small businesses with a foundation on how to do business with the government with innovative tools and valuable industry connections. Topics will include but are not limited to proposal preparation and submission, contract administration and compliance, getting on the GSA schedule, and an overview of the FAR.
This all-star panel of experts on working with the federal government, brought together in a rare appearance include:
- The Hon. Tom Davis, Director Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte & Touche LLP and former VA Congressman
- Rob Franklin, President, National Security Solutions, MorganFranklin
- Bob Kipps, Founder, KippsDeSanto & Co.
- George Newstrom, General Manager, Dell Services Federal Government (DSFG) – New Speaker!
- Richard Rector, Chair, Government Contract Practice Group, DLA Piper
- Ted Segal, Chair of Mergers & Acquisitions Group, Stradley Ronon
The program will be facilitated by Dr. Edward Bersoff, a well-recognized leader of the Washington, D.C. national security business community, and the founder of BTG, Inc.